Do you do on-site services?
Yes, I do.
Do you have a studio?
No, I do not have a studio. I travel to you at no extra charge if you're within 20 miles from zip code 91732.
How far in advance should I book?
I recommend 8 months to 1 year in advance. Book earlier than that if you marry during wedding season months (May to November).
What brands do you carry in your kit?
Makeup: MAC, Makeup Forever, Smashbox, CoverFx, Temptu, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Urban Decay and more.
What does my makeup appointment include?
Full face of makeup includes full coverage foundation, cream highlght+contour, choice of lash style from my lash book, primer, setting powder, eyeliner, lipstick...basically a full glam session! You can request specifics during our session.
Do you have a booking minimum?
This will depend on my schedule, but I do require a minimum of 2 services. I do not mind doing one person only, but make it worth while for me by booking makeup and hair. mix and match is ok with me. First come, first serve and with a paid deposit gets priority.
Do you provide services for large parties?
Due to Covid, I am a one man army. My booking capacity is 3-4 people per booking depending on time frame allowed to complete services.
I don't wear a lot of makeup, should I book a makeup artist?
I recommend to do a trial and request for a very natural makeup look with fuller lashes. You will get the chance to see what it looks like in person and in photos to decide. Please keep in mind bridal makeup/special occasion makeup is much heavier than you would be use to for the purpose of looking flawless in your photos!
Travel fees apply?
I charge $1 per mile pass 20 miles from El Monte, CA 91732. Additional travel fee for each multiple location requests.
Are there other fees besides travel fees I should be aware of?
This will depend on a few things. Please keep in mind that you are responsible for venue fees like if a hotel does valet parking only. You are responsible for those parking fees at the highest parking rate that day.
Any other bridal party besides the bride who request adding hair extensions will be subject to additional fees.
How do I prep myself before a trial?
1. Wear a button up shirt or loose neck shirt. It will help not ruin your makeup and hair when you change clothes.
2. Make sure your hair is clean and completely dry when you meet me. If you wash right before the appointment, please finish blow drying hair way before scheduled start time to prevent delay. One day of not washing your hair is ok with me. Do not use conditioner on your hair from last wash unless you have highly processed bleached hair.
3. Use your toothbrush to scrub your lips that morning prior to the appointment and put lip balm.
4. Face is clean and free from any makeup. Please moisturize your face before appointment.
5. Please be prepared to fill and sign my contract if you haven't done so prior to consultation. (Due to Covid, I will email a template to you. This is required to brides and bookings with 3+ people with 50% deposit to secure your date and time frame.)
TIP: If you have dry skin, I recommend to use a facial oil such as argan oil (coconut oil ok) on your face right after a shower. Your skin stays hydrated better right after a shower/ washing your face thoroughly when you use facial oil to lock in the moisture. I will do the rest of the prepping before makeup!
How do I take off my makeup?
Use makeup remover, makeup remover wipes, or something like coconut oil to rub off makeup. Once everything looks dissolved, use your face cleanser to wash off the residue. Use face toner to clean deep in your pores.
Please feel free to email me with your questions if not answered here!